2022 South Dakota Manufacturing Summit
Date: September 8, 2022
Time: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Investment: $129/ticket ($89/ticket with 5+ attendees or $79/ticket for 10+ attendees)
If you have attended the South Dakota Manufacturers’ Summit in the past, then you know it's an exciting day full of ideas about continuous improvement and professional development.
With over 20 speakers, numerous manufacturing- and business-related vendors, and networking opportunities throughout the event, this is another can't-miss Summit.
This year, we’re bringing in an esteemed keynote speaker, Eric Termuende, who is sure to continue the quality messages the Manufacturers' Summit has come to be known for. He will be speaking on one-degree shifts in companies that will enable teams to build trust, remove friction, and build cultures of continuous improvement and innovation.
A seasoned keynote speaker and best-selling author, Eric Termuende has been on hundreds of stages all over the world speaking about workplace culture and one-degree shifts that build communities at work. An entrepreneur his entire life, Eric has surveyed and interviewed thousands of people and brings a fresh perspective to workplace culture and the future of work. Eric has a deep understanding of the next generation of work and how to attract and retain the right talent. His best-selling book, Rethink Work, has become a must-read for today’s leaders and as a renowned keynote speaker, Eric travels the world sharing his insights and tips about talent, teams, and employee engagement.
Eric inspires, challenges, and opens minds to opportunities and doors to growth.
Following the keynote, the Summit will feature breakout sessions for the day with topics like:
- Find Your Next Employee: Tips for Digital Recruiting - Jenny Lockhart, 9 Clouds
- Overlooked Opportunities to Improve Productivity - Cody Osburn & Todd Bressler, Riekes Equipment
- Leveraging 3D Printing to Streamline Design to Production & Create Flexible Supply Chains - Scott Reisenauer, B9 Creations
- Group Benefits 101 for Small to Medium Businesses - Sonja Nordby, Risty Benefits
- Root Cause Analysis in Quality - Joe Palmiotto, Palmiotto Consultancy
- Protecting our National Advantage: Intellectual Property in your Care - Jodie J. Mjoen, Impact Dakota
- A Guide to Simple Sensing Solutions - Tim Hanigan & Andy Gross, Banner Engineering
- Construction Success in a Volatile Market - Clark Hagen & Oliver Finneman, McGough Construction
- Building An In-House Automation Culture - Chris Wilde, Graco
- Sale-Leaseback Transactions: Why, When, and How - Marcus Mahlen, NAI Sioux Falls
- Patent Considerations for Manufacturers: Strategies for Developing and Creating Value - Amy Arndt & Joseph P. Anderson III, Ballard Spahr
- Valuing Your Manufacturing Business - Chris Jones, Sunbelt Business Advisors and True North Mergers & Acquisitions
- Supply Chain Demand Planning - Lynn Bailey, Farmers Business Network
- Top 10 Things to Guarantee Trouble in Paradise for Family Businesses - Erik Gabrielson, Activ8
- Education and Misconceptions About Hemp - Ashley Liesinger, Your CBD Store
- Export Assistance Resources for Small Businesses Panel - Jaime Wood & Bryson Patterson, U.S. SBA and Cinnamon King U.S. Commercial Service
- Student/Manufacturer Networking Roundtables
- Lake Area Tech Robotics Lab Tours
Our Summit location moves throughout the state, and this year it will be hosted in Watertown at Lake Area Technical College in the Student Services Center. Tours of their robotics lab will be available during the day as part of the breakout sessions.
Manufacturing managers, owners, C-suite, HR, supervisors, and team members alike benefit from attending the Manufacturing Summit as well as post-secondary students interested in going into manufacturing-related fields. We estimate over 250 attendees for the event.
This year, a special session dedicated to connecting manufacturers and students in manufacturing-related programs will end the day. Students and faculty at our 2- and 4-year technical colleges and universities can attend the Summit for free thanks to EPSCoR. Please click this link to register if you are a student or school faculty member.
- 8:00 AM - Registration + Breakfast Begins
- 9:00 AM - Welcome & Keynote Speaker, Eric Termuende
- 10:20 AM - Breakout Speakers
- 11:05 AM - Networking Break
- 11:30 AM - Breakout Speakers
- 12:15 PM - Lunch
- 1:15 PM - Breakout Speakers
- 2:00 PM - Networking Break
- 2:30 PM - Breakout Speakers
- 3:20PM - Student/Manufacturer Connection Roundtables
- 4:30 PM - Summit Ends
LATC has so many exciting changes around campus currently, but that limits parking for all our attendees because of the construction happening on campus right now. If you can, please arrive early and carpool if you can to be sure you have plenty of time to find parking. Check out the parking map below for some places to look for parking when you arrive. No permits are needed in these lots on 9.8.22.
- General Admission - $129/ticket
- 5+ Attendees - $89/ticket
- 10+ Attendees - $79/ticket