SD Manufacturing Summit
Date: October 5, 2023
Location: Lake Area Technical College, Watertown
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Investment: $129/ticket ($89/ticket with 5+ attendees or $79/ticket for 10+ attendees)
Student passes available! Contact Michelle.Kakacek@SDManufacturing.com for details.
If you have attended the South Dakota Manufacturing Summit in the past, then you know it's an exciting day full of ideas about continuous improvement and professional development. This year, we bring the Summit back to SD Manufacturing Week and look forward to celebrating manufacturing in SD by providing a day of learning and networking.
This year's Summit will feature breakout sessions focused on Leadership & Management, Workforce Development and Technology. Other activities include a lunchtime panel discussion that will bring resource partners together to discuss how to connect with the tools and programs that are available to support manufacturing, plus roundtable discussions and equipment demonstrations.
KEYNOTE ADDRESS - TERRY JONES
Best known for founding Travelocity.com and serving as founding Chairman of Kayak.com, Terry Jones has become a powerful voice in the world of entrepreneurship through his numerous speaking engagements and the publication of his book, ON Innovation. His career path has established him as a thought leader on innovation in our increasingly digital world.
A graduate of Denison University in Granville, Ohio, Jones, began his career as a travel agent, spent 24 years at American Airlines in marketing and information technology, capping his career as Chief Information Officer of its SABRE division. While at SABRE he led a team of six working on a project that became Travelocity.com. Jones served as CEO of Travelocity for seven years transforming it to a public company with three billion dollars in travel sales.
He left Travelocity when the company was taken private and became part of the founding team at Kayak.com, a company that yet again revolutionized how travel was purchased. He served as Chairman of the company from its founding until it was sold to Priceline for $1.8 billion dollars in 2013.
Today he is the managing principal of ON Inc. a consultancy he founded to help companies in their transition to the digital economy.
He has served on over 20 boards and currently serves on the boards of Amgine, Crytica Security, Sonicwall and Camping and Education Foundation.
Terry is the author of the best selling books, ON Innovation and Disruption OFF and is the holder of several patents.
Lake Area Technical College is excited to welcome the Summit again in 2023. Activities will take place in the Student Center building, with tours and demonstrations hosted in the The LAB.
2024 will bring a new host city, which will be announced at this year's Summit.
Manufacturing managers, owners, C-suite, HR, supervisors and team members alike benefit from attending the Manufacturing Summit as well as post-secondary students interested in going into manufacturing-related fields.
- 8:00 AM - Registration + Breakfast
- 9:00 AM - Welcome + Keynote Address, Terry Jones
- 10:15 AM - Networking Break
- 10:45 AM - Breakout Sessions
- Session #1: Benefits 101 - and then some... by Sonja Nordby, Risty Benefits
- Session #2: Solving your Biggest Workforce Challenges by Being the Most Innovative Company You Know by Jodie Mjoen, Impact Dakota
- Session #3: What's an MEP? Getting to know SD Manufacturing & Technology Solutions by SD MTS Team
- 11:30 AM - Lunch + Partners in Growth resource panel discussion featuring:
- Jaime Wood, SD District Director, US Small Business Administration
- Joe Fiala, Partner Relations Director, SD Governor's Office of Economic Development
- Mark Slade, State Director, SD Small Business Development Center
- Luke Lindbergh, President and CEO, SD Trade
- Rita Anderson, Economic Development Professionals of SD
- 1:00 PM - Breakout Sessions
- Session #1: Why Your Customers are Not #1! by Lisa Te Slaa, Precision Leadership Group
- Session #2: The Six Types of Working Geniuses - an Overview by Stuart Giere, SD Manufacturing & Technology Solutions
- Session #3: Let's Be Bad Guys - Hacking SD Businesses by Bailey Belisario & Christopher Loutsch, Dakota State University
- 1:45 PM - Networking Break
- 2:15 PM - Breakout Sessions
- Session #1: Measure What Matters Online: Taking Your Digital Marketing from Good to Better by Jenny Lockhart, 9 Clouds
- Session #2: Workforce Landscape by Lisa Johnson, SD Department of Labor and Regulation
- Session #3: Cobot Welding: The Benefits for Your Business by Mike Davis, Hirebotics
- 3:00 PM - Tours, Demonstrations, and Roundtables (The LAB)
- 4:00 PM - Summit Ends
LATC has many exciting changes taking shape around campus which limits parking for Summit attendees due to construction in progress.
PARKING PASSES WILL NOT BE DISTRIBUTED FOR THE EVENT, BUT ATTENDEES ARE WELCOME TO PARK IN ANY LATC PARKING LOT. TICKETING OF VEHICLES WITHOUT AN LATC PARKING PASS WILL BE SUSPENDED DURING THE SUMMIT.
- General Admission - $129/ticket
- 5+ Attendees - $89/ticket
- 10+ Attendees - $79/ticket
- Students - contact Michelle.Kakacek@SDManufacturing.com for discount code